05 May 2008

Oh, it's Monday

Around town

The "do not walk" hand signal at Fourth and Grand is on its way out, so insted of flashing a warning, it's flipping the bird (all the other fingers have burned out).

I took a much-needed walk about town yesterday - there are (finally) buds on trees (some are leafing!), green lawns and many, many bicycles (sadly, on sidewalks).

Neighborly

My neighbor has abandoned the enjoyment of merely listening to the only CD he owns (Journey) at a wall-thumping volume. He has now taken up the pursuit of howling along with the music and has begun slapping his hands on the counter (wall? floor? who knows ...) in a counter-beat to the music. The end result is that I like the guy even less than I did when he passed out in the hallway, clutching my butter knife after attempting to pick his own lock after he'd locked himself out; even less than I did after his girlfried spent an entire night (she finished around 6 in the morning) screaming at him at the top of her lungs.

Sadly, until this weekend, I actually liked "Faithfully." A lot. He might have ruined it for me.

Pretty toes

For an early birthday present, Kristie met me in Casper this weekend and treated me to a pedicure before we met up with her aunt, uncle and cousin for lunch at an adorable restaurant called Eggington's. (The Florentine benedict is de-LISH).

So now I have pretty, pretty pink toes; soft, smooth feet; and even more excuse to wear sandals. Hurray for sandals!

Snape needs a girlfriend

I haven't finished all the Harry Potter books yet, but I can't help but think that so much of this nastiness could have been avoided had Professor Snape merely had a girlfriend. Someone to buy flowers for, someone to daydream about a bit ... someone to bring some pretty into his life ...

No comments: