05 May 2008

dream

So ... my dream last night

I was ... somewhere. I'm not sure -- it kind of alternated between a get-together, a conference and a show of some sort. And I think I might have been backstage for a while, too. Or maybe at a school. And I had to send a text message to the priest that this group of people was going to be late. But the only way to send the text message was by tracing metallic, cookie-cutter letters with my finger, which then appeared magically on my face, and the the priest would know, by looking at my face, that this group of people was going to be late. But my mom kept wanting to play with the cookie-cutter letters, and they turned really hot after they had been traced, so I didn't want her to get burned. And every time I looked at my phone, the message still hadn't been sent.

And my friend Janelle was there, and we were getting ready to fly back to California (she's from Virginia ...) to meet her dad, and she was nervous that he wouldn't like her shoes, and I was nervous, because that meant that he wouldn't like me being her friend. And we were at a dance recital, but it had to end early -- like, in the middle of the afternoon -- because there was a group of people coming in for a different event -- the group of people that I was supposed to tell the priest was going to be late. But I'd given up trying to send the text message, so the priest didn't know. But we left anyway. And there were horses. I don't know what they were supposed to be doing.

And the Colorado Avalanche were playing some team in one of the pavillions at CAM-PLEX, and it was supposed to be some big benefit thing, and I could only imagine how the screaming was going to echo in that big, metal building, but there were tickets still available, and I really wanted to go. But I hadn't bought my tickets yet to go see Janelle's dad, and we were supposed to leave that night, and I didn't know how to tell her that I'd really rather watch the hockey game, but it had already started, and we were watching it on TV in a bar.

I think I woke up then ...

No comments: