23 March 2009

Your daily dose of my boring life

So this blizzard ... pretty much a no-show, which is disappointing and not, all in the same flick of the curtains to ascertain the White Apocalypse That Didn't Happen.

It's disappointing, because we really do need the moisture, and I was looking forward to an excuse to curl up and not do anything physically demanding today. I didn't do anything physically demanding anyway, but I felt more guilt over it than I would have had there been four feet of snow impeding my progress. According to Mom, Gillette is buried. "I can't even see the back of the van. And the dog refuses to go outside." (which means poor Charlie is spending the storm cooped up in his kennel)

It's not disappointing, because in my determination to enjoy yesterday's shiny and bright, I spent several hours relishing the sunshine and warmth while reading in the park, and I've got the first tanlines of the year to prove it. Viva the V-shaped chest tan. In related news, I bought a stronger SPF lotion for my face. Viva year-round fair (not pale, Hol).

And it's not disappointing, because last night was a gift in the form of the year's first thunderstorm, complete with fantastic lightning and me, standing at the window of my darkened apartment, watching it all the way a kid watches the sky for Santa on Christmas Eve. Awe and delight ... and the tingles.

What I read in the park

... And read in my rocking chair. And read in bed last night/this morning. And finished when I woke up today.

Twilight.

And I like the story ... I'm addicted to the story. But something about her writing style bothers me. But I'm still totally drawn into the story. For once, I'm grateful for how a screenwriter deepened and gave dimension to some of the characters. I think, out of the whole book-movie-music package, I liked the soundtrack best. But Robert Pattinson is worth staring at for a couple hours any day ...

1 comment:

Hollyberry said...

yay for fair girls! and yay for no snow!:)