15 December 2008

No Fear

'... Yea, though I walk o'er the puddle of the ice of frozen winter, I shall fear no slip or tumble, for YakTrax are with me. Their coil and their traction, they save me. They annointest my feet with confidence; my shoes can walk all over ..."


yaktrax!
Originally uploaded by wyosarah203
I can now walk on ice and packed snow without fear of spontaneously doing the splits, testing the cushioning of my tailbone or unintentionally becoming an Olympic figure skater ... I think these are my new winter crush ... Not easy to cuddle up with, though.

I got mine at Cross Country Connection here in Laramie for $20, easy conversation with friendly sales guy and a side explanation of different types of snowshoes included, sans charge. They (the YakTrax, not the snowshoes) fit right over the bottoms of whatever shoes you're wearing by means of rubber bands/straps/thingies. Pretty easy. Pretty wonderful. Pretty dignity-saving. Pretty happy (me).

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I bought a pair for each parent. I hope they are awesome!