24 December 2007

Re-Carolling ...

I saw three plows come coasting down
On Christmas Eve, on Christmas Eve
I saw three plows come coasting down
On Christmas Eve in a snowstorm ...
*****
Gillette's under "black ice" and "no unnecessary travel" advisories, snow is coming in horizontally (rather than just falling like nice, normal snow), road signs are covered over and the wind -- oh, the wind! -- the wind is mean and bitterly cold ... but I chauffered Santa all over town, shuttling between the western Middle of Nowhere Campbell County to the eastern Middle of Nowhere Campbell County, and everywere in between. They finally plowed the (city) streets, but since we were waaaaaayyyy out in the county ... it didn't matter. I can wield a minivan (also known as Santa's sleigh) in a snowstorm like nobody's business ... I'm Wyoming tough that way.

Mom had a real turkey dinner waiting for us when we got home ... real turkey! It was my only request for when I came home for Christmas. And it was good! And then Mom and I watched "Elf" (which I had never seen -- it was hilarious), wrapped presents, and now we get to get up at the buttcrack of dawn (like the good ol' Christmases!) so we can "do Christmas" so I can get on the roads that will hopefully be open in time for me to coast into Laramie in time for my jolly Christmas Day shift. Jingle (and slide) all the way, eh?

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: