11 October 2007

Oh, the Things You Overhear ... Musing

Did you know ...

So, I was sitting in a waiting room today at the eye doctor's, waiting for my eyes to fully dilate so the doctor can do whatever he does when they're dilated ... and a very talkative woman who does not have an "inside" voice was talking to the man whose glaucoma test she was conducting.

It started off with the typical stuff: she warned him that she was going to numb his eyes with eye drops, what the test would involve, how weird it would probably feel, etc. I zoned out for a few minutes, talking to another woman in the waiting room ... until the loud, talkative woman started talking about the good ol' days when she worked in an operating room, and, quite loudly, declared that the most interesting thing she had learned there was that surgeons can create a bladder out of an intestine.

So there you have it folks. If you need a new bladder, you know where to look for replacement, um, parts.

Fuzzy focus

My eyes are fuzzy, and I probably should have waited a bit longer before driving to work in my oh-so-cool roll-up sunshades from the eye doctor ... it's getting (much) better now; I can actually make out words without having to close one eye ... this is good.

Mmmmm ... chili!

I made pork and black bean chili last night, finally getting the whole mess cooking at about 2 a.m. ... lemme tell you -- it's good, but holy cow -- I think I could have cut out the chili flake and some of the chili powder. My tongue is going to need therapy. But it's GOOOOOD!

Persuaded ...

My Box of Happiness arrived from Amazon two whole days earlier than I expected it ... and in said box was a Josh Groban CD and my (finally) copy of "Persuasion," starring Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds ... I love this story. Of all of Jane Austen's stories, I think this one is most endearing to me. Hope -- long since lost and given up -- is rekindled, love has another chance after being thwarted several times in the past ... I love the story.

Show me your mug

Flickr has an entire group dedicated to pictures of people's mugs (coffee mugs, that is). What a wonderful world! To think that I'm not crazy or unbalanced to love my coffee mug(s) enough to take pictures of them. I feel semi-normal aagain (except for that whole fuzzy-focus thing).

1 comment:

Chad said...

Yes, of course... I appreciate it very much!