03 May 2007

Broke over Brakes Musing

(to the tune of "I Feel Pretty")
I feel bro-oke
Oh, so bro-oke
I feel bro-oke as a jo-oke -- no lie!

(I couldn't think of anything witty after that ... I'm too poor to be very witty)

My brakes, which have been making an odd grinding noise for some time now, finally had to be fixed today (my publisher took over the father-figure role of chewing me out for not getting it checked out two months ago). It sounded like I was storing an ogre in my trunk. A very hungry ogre. About $550 later ... I have my ogre-less car back. It even feels like it stops better (it probably really does). They said something had locked up (I don't speak car), causing my breaks to grind all the way through the pad and into the rotor, but only on one side, but they have to replace both sides, because you want your brakes wearing at the same rate ... so, rear brake pads, rotors and calipers (spelling?) ... some smiley mechanics and several walks between my office and the repair shop ... and they had interest-free financing, so that's a bit less painful. I have six months to pay it off ... but oh ... the ouch.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Damn....so is this a bad time to ask you for a loan? : )

SarahC said...

dude, you're the one getting the big increase in pay ... I should be begging you ... :0)

Chris said...

IF IF IF IF I get the pay increase. I'm so pathetic...IF I get it, I have already planned my monthly budget and how much I will tuck away. Nothing like making plans for money you don't even have. Duh!

SarahC said...

I understand. I think that's how most people live -- and some of them plan their budgets based on their hopes of winning the lottery ...

Chris said...

Only difference is:

Chris's odds of winning the lottery are 1 in 4,347,554

Chris's odds of becoming supervisor have been optimistically calculated as being 50/50.

Much better odds......

SarahC said...

Cheers to those kind of odds!