27 February 2007

Laramie Musing

Beware the Thunder Snow

Thunder snow. It sounds like something that would be invented by a science fiction author as a clime for his alien planet.

And yet, here on Earth, in big ol' Wyoming (which some have argued is an alien planet unto itself), the forecast tonight calls for Thunder Snow. It sounds a bit apocalyptic, like maybe I should just head over to the church across the street after work to wait until the Thunder Snow has passed.

If I get to experience the Thunder Snow, I'll let you know what it's like.

Christmas in February

It's almost March, and yet, on the street that I drive to get to work, one lone house has yet to take down the Christmas lights that are still strung around the yard. It makes me sad that I felt the need to put away all my Christmas stuff at the end of January. What was my hurry? I could still have mistletoe hanging in my kitchen, garland strung about my living room and my midget Charlie Brown Christmas tree teetering on the edge of my bedside table, threatening to clobber me in my sleep. I miss Christmas.

In related news, there's an ad in tomorrow's paper for a Christmas savings account (I'm not kidding) at one of the local banks. I guess it's never too soon to start planning your Yuletide cheer.

Coffee-lessness

I just never got around to making coffee when I got to work today, and I think I'm sad about that. It's too late now (I think) to make any now, which makes me sadder. I may break the rules and go grind up and brew some fresh java anyway. I'm a rebel like that. Breakin' the law!

No comments: