07 February 2007

Facebook Nightmares Musing

So, Facebook has this thing called a mini feed where it tells your friends (and anyone, really, if you so desire) what you've been doing on Facebook. It's kind of neat. You can be witty or boring, your choice ...

But Facebook invaded my dreams the other night, and I woke up in a panic, because I dreamt that the mini feed was telling everyone not only what I was doing on Facebook, but what I was doing in life in general. In my dream, as I read my mini feed, this is what appeared for all the world to read:

Sarah only brushed her teeth for one minute last night.
Sarah has not Googled anyone today.
Sarah watched an episode of "Heroes" last night.
Sarah listened to the "Last of the Mohicans" soundtrack for several hours.
Sarah checked her match.com account way too many times yesterday.
Sarah read an article on MSNBC.com about bitter anti-Valentine's Day cards.
Sarah wondered if Richard on "Gilmore Girls" is going to die in the next episode
Sarah still has not finished reading "Sense and Sensibility," though it's been a ridiculously long time since she started reading it ...

Well, you get the idea. That was my nightmare. I literally sat up in bed, gasping, wondering, "will the whole world really know that I'm that slow in reading 'Sense and Sensibility?'" It's enough to make a girl panic.

And now you know part of what keeps me sleepless and panicked in Laramie.

No comments: