02 September 2010

Awkward moment du jour

I raided the corrugated cardboard recyling bin at Wal-Mart last night, because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay for moving boxes if I can get away with repurposing (free) boxes that are bound for Box Heaven anyway.

Today, as I was getting one ready to fill with stuff, I looked at the label on it. It was addressed to a local vet clinic.

From a pet crematory.

I now have no idea what to put in that box.

In related news, if you're in Gillette or the surrounding area on Sept. 14, check this out. Hope I get to see everyone before I leave!

For Laramie folk, here you go.

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

Liquor stores have long been regarded as a prime source of empty boxes.

As for the pet cemetery box, just put an opaque looking vase inside of it, fill it with a mixture of coarse flour and ground black pepper. Close both it and the box loosely. In sharpie, write "Fluffy" on the box.

When carrying it to your car make sure all your moving friends are around, and make a big show of tripping and spilling the contents. If you do it right, the vase/urn will spill all over the parking lot. This is when you put a mortified look on your face and scream "Oh No... FLUFFY!!" and use your hands to put as much of the flour/pepper mixture back into the box as you can.

This will be PRICELESS.