31 August 2010

My day

9 a.m. wake-up call from Penske, wondering why I didn't finish making my reservation online last night and offering an even better deal over the phone. SOLD! Mike at Penske, you're my hero du jour. Penske, for many reasons, I ♥ you.

Called on a half-dozen different property listings, get shot down on one that was really great, got a lead on another super-great one that just might work out all the way around. Hooray!

Called the power company to give notice of the date to shut off my electricity.

Peed in a cup. "Awkward" just doesn't cover the experience ...

Gave notice of intent to vacate my apartment. Sad. Paid final month's rent. Got marching orders for final checkout ...

Paid phone bill.

Dropped of consignment load No. 1 of ... oh, too many ... yikes. There isn't enough time.

Found out I passed the pee test.

Faxed employment agreement and relocation reimbursement agreement.

Confirmed stopover locations for the trip out. I have awesome, amazing, generous, hospitable friends. You guys rock.

I've only cried once since deciding to do this, and it wasn't when I gave notice at my job, and it was a short-lived cry. And except for that one moment of sadness, I've had nothing but peace about this decision (once I got the stomach-knotting experience of resigning my job out of the way).

It feels like growing up again. Or growing up more. Or maybe just growing up. I'm leaving people and places I love, but I'm going to meet new people, find new places and experience new things. So far, I regret nothing about this.

I'm so excited!

No comments: