16 September 2008

Matchmaker, matchmaker ...

Note to the world:

It should always concern you when your mother calls and asks whether you can look up someone's page on "the myface, facespace thing" without them knowing about it.

If there's a stalker gene in our family, I now know which side it came from.

The reason for this anonymous spying became quite clear:

Since I won't consider getting a job in Gillette, she has decided to sieze on the potentially amorous route of bringing me back up north. Despite my not wanting to live back in Gillette. At all.

She just met the nicest guy, the girls at the police department absolutely rave about him (that's a completely different story -- why she was at the police department), and then this super-nice guy was at church on Sunday, and he's tall and real cute and polite and just loves her pastor ...

So she wants me to cyber-stalk this fellow. Or to just move back to Gillette.

La Chaim, Yenta. La Chaim.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

In a totally, not-about-the-point of your story, I have an aunt in Florida who calls it "spacebook." She's a hoot!