27 August 2008

I need Miss Marple

My clipboard is missing.

Stop laughing. I'm very attached to my clipboard.

It's huge -- easel-sized -- and it has my name on it. And doodles -- cheesy, really bad doodles of flowers and hearts and swirls and twirls ... just Sarah-ish doodles in pink and purple ink. And it's mine.

Well, technically, it's Deb's. She bought it.

The cleaning guys don't habla "clipboard." Only one of them hablas English, so it was kind of a gamble to ask in the first place.

The first time it went missing, it turned out to be sitting on a chair by Jesse's desk. I reclaimed it, used it, slid it under my desk ... and two days later, it was gone again.

Only we haven't found it this time.

So I need Miss Marple.

She'd tell me a story about the maid of some neighbor of hers and how she always blamed the cat for the yarn basket being out of order ... and buried deep within that simple story would be the whodunnit solution to my missing clipboard.

I just want my doodled-on clipboard back.

No comments: