14 January 2008

The firsts of 2008

This post is kind of late, kind of not, since some of the "firsts" just happened.

The first people to whom I wished a Happy New Year:

Eve and Thomas Newman. We were watching "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," and it was about 12:05 when we realized we had missed the whole midnight thing.

The first place I went shopping:

Wal-Mart. I wanted coffee, but needed decaf, since it was about 12:30 a.m. On a side, almost-funny note: The green can of French roast coffee that I bought turned out to NOT be decaf; I learned that the very hard way. Ever lay in bed 'til after 6 a.m., trying unsuccessfully to sleep? Me, too!

The first person I called:

My mom, while I was shopping in Wal-Mart for that not-so-decaffeinated coffee.

The first piece of mail I received:

My 1040 form and booklet from the IRS on Jan. 2. What a great way to begin the year ...

The first book I read:

"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. Amazing book. Goes in the life-changing, faith-affirming category ...

The first movie I rented:

"3:10 to Yuma."

Still waiting for these firsts:

My first 2008 theater movie; my first 2008 trip to a town out of Laramie; my first 2008 job offer; my first 2008 car repair; my first 2008 crochet project ... and others, I'm sure.

No comments: