28 November 2007

A Grown-Up Christmas Wish

Do you remember that Amy Grant song? About a grow-up Christmas wish? It was like the Evangelical version of John Lenon's "Imagine," if you can call it that.

anyway ...

My grown-up Christmas wish this year was to be able to make a difference in the world, small as it may be.

And so, tonight, I sponsored "Maria," a 10-year-old girl who lives in Ecuador.

If you're looking for a different kind of Christmas present to give yourself (or in the name of someone else), I would encourage you to consider either child sponsorship (I've always thought highly of World Vision, personally, and it received four out of four stars from Charity Navigator) or donating items (clothing, medical care, animals, shelter, education, etc.) to people around the world who need them.

World Vision's Ways to Give page has lots of opportunities, ranging from $20 on up, to help children, women, families and communities.

Just a thought, in case you have a grown-up Christmas wish, too ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with that song in the 90's. Still to this day, it wouldn't be the holiday season without Amy Grant softly playing in the background.

Best Wishes this Holiday Season to you and yours.

SarahC said...

I completely agree ... that song and "Mary Did You Know?" are just staples of the Christmas season anymore ... glad someone knew what I was talking about!

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoy Mary Did You Know as well. I am especially fond of Kenny Rogers version of the song. Skip Ewing has one, "My Name is Christmas Carol", that still brings tears to my eyes as well.

Okay, there you have it - I'm a sap!