15 May 2007

Random Tuesday Musing

The Great Cake Caper

The cake episode is over, as I decided that a face-to-face encounter would benefit nobody ... so a letter was enclosed instead. We'll see. I told her that the only decent thing that she could do at this point is send a handwritten apology to Kristie and Geoff and to return the check that they had written her. I'm not holding my breath ...

39

That's how many bobby pins I dug out of my hair when I finally decided that it was time for the hairstyle to die. It took about twice as long to wash my hair, as there was about a can's worth of hairspray (really good-smelling hairspray, too) shellacking my hair in place. How well-sprayed was it? It looked the same the next morning after being slept on all night ... Not a hair had strayed.

Look Ma, no cavities

Hurray for me! I had a clean bill of oral health this morning when my dentist's office had a 9 a.m. opening (those of you who know my sleep schedule know that this is the middle of the night for me ...), and after mutilating my gums, she said I didn't have any cavities. I went home, went back to bed and dreamed all morning of my teeth crumbling apart and my dentist refusing to do anything about it. I woke up in a bit of a panic ... but my teeth are all there, all intact. Just sensitive from having lots of metal scraped against them and my gums for a good half-hour ...

Jerry Falwell

Ah ... it's interesting to see people's reactions to this. Having gone to Liberty University for a year, I don't feel any more qualified to opine on the reverend's passing. I do know that the guy was human and was subject to pride as much as the next person, perhaps more so after spending so much time in front of a television camera ... but I also think that he truly thought that his actions were in pursuit of a Christ-like life. How that looked to everyone else is, of course, subject to much speculation and ridicule.

No comments: